Accountant at The Romero Group Property Management in BASALTBasalt, 81621 | 07/23/2020 | Ad id: 8-0000603185-01
Salary, Full-time, Year-round
The accountant position is responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions to support clients managed by The Romero Group. The accountant will spend their work hours focused on completion of general accounting and other related duties. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. The accountant will work independently or as part of a team as determined by the requirements of the workload. The accountant will work with the chief financial officer, senior controller, other TRG accountants and staff, with TRG managers or other TRG employees, as well as with outside contractors, government entities, third party agents, and property owners/tenants.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works with the senior controller, accounting staff, and property management team to ensure accounting support for client financial transactions.
2. Performs general accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
3. Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements for client accounts.
4. Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books for assigned client accounts.
5. Reconciles client bank accounts on a regular basis, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
6. Reconciles client accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
7. Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
8. Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
9. Files required tax forms and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
10. Participates in association and district board of directors' meetings as well as annual meetings.
11. Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
2. Problem Solving.
3. Customer Service.
5. Time management.
7. Effective Communication (verbal and written).
No supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is very seldom exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is minimal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires frequent standing, walking repetitive movements of elbows (handling), and repetitive movements of wrists (fingering). In regard to strength level for this position as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Workers' Compensation Programs, the strength level is Medium Work. Medium Work involves exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently or an amount greater than negligible and up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 5 days per week, hours vary between 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Travel to, from, and between properties and TRG offices is required for this position. Employee is reimbursed for personal vehicle travel mileage incurred between properties and offices. To
receive reimbursement, employee must submit Mileage Report along with Expense Report to supervisor on the first of each month for the prior month.
Required Education and Experience
A minimum of 2 years general accounting experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, and similar software. These requirements may be waived at the discretion of management based on assessment of job-related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Specific accounting experience with property management or related business sector helpful but not required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
A properly submitted Form I-9 is required for employment. Proper identification as described on the current Form I-9 will also be required. Falsification of credentials, employment history, or legal status may result in the immediate termination of any employee.
It is the policy of The Romero Group to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. Employees are hired based solely on the company's personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate.
The company will not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or disability. The company will comply with the requirements of all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, the company will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran's status, genetic predisposition, mental or physical disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants, email cover letter and
resume to: email@example.com.