Sr. Accountant at Steadman Philippon Research Institute in VAILVail, 81657 | 03/23/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000672207-01
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance, the Sr. Accountant performs complex financial analyses and pro-formas to support decision making. Focus on turning data into information by creating value added analyses and specialized reports with the ability to present findings to management.
Location: Vail, CO.
Classification: full time, exempt position; eligible for benefits
Start date: asap
- Utilize accounting experiences to assist in the monthly close process, prepare financial statements, tax schedules and has an in-depth understanding of accounting principles ensuring the integrity and adequacy of the company's internal controls, accounting policies and procedures and accounting records.
- Use financial information to manage department accounts, prepare financial reports and monitor the status of budget allocations.
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze historical and projected financial and operational information, with the goal of delivering actionable recommendations for improvement to management.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Oversee and process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial analyses to support decision making as requested.
- Formulate financial dashboards that are understandable in laymen's terms.
- Process approvals and business transactions for consultants/contractors, purchasing, work orders, reimbursements, maintenance and equipment.
- Monitor the collection process and prepare weekly reports on A/R aging, along with collection forecasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, required.
- Three to five years' accounting and financial analysis experience, required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, with proven experience in Excel, Access and other financial software applications.
- QuickBooks experience, preferred.
- Sage Intact experience, preferred.
- Excellent analytic, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Company 401k Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Referral Program Incentive
- Parking available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.