Insurance Specialist at Steadman Philippon Research Institute in VAILVail, 81657 | 03/29/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000673923-01
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for verifying network status and benefits for new patients and pre-authorizing all scheduled surgeries/procedures. This position is responsible for obtaining waivers, providing accurate documentation in patients chart, provide estimates and the collection of monies; including private pays, out of network insurance policies in full, deductibles, out of pockets and past due balances from the surgical patient. This job requires good communication skills and the ability to comprehend insurance policies for explanation to patients.
Practice: Shoulder, Knee, Elbow Surgery & Sports Medicine
Location: Vail, CO.
Classification: Full-time, year round, non-exempt position with benefits.
Compensation: starting at: $20/hr. DOE
Start date: asap
- Calls and verifies benefits, eligibility and network status for new patients.
- Notifies patient and physician's team via call/email if patient's insurance is out of network.
- Obtains pre-authorization with insurance company and provide CPT code for determination of authorization.
- Must document in-patients’ charts all communication with insurance companies, adjusters and patients.
- Provides estimates for patients who are self-pay and collects money.
- Obtains signed waivers from patients prior to surgery.
- Works closely with the team regarding any patient's insurance issues pre-surgery and post-surgery.
- Inputs all private pay surgical bills and works closely with the billing team regarding any internal billing issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some college education preferred.
- Two years’ experience working in customer service, insurance, healthcare.
- Experience with understanding medical insurance and policies.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, preferred.
- Personal characteristics which include flexibility, enthusiasm, effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook/Office.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Company 401k Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Referral Program Incentive
- Parking available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.