Medical Receptionist50 Buck Creek Rd. , Avon, 81620 | 08/10/2017 | Ad id: 8-0000099409
We are currently looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our professional team. This is a full-time position with work rotation serving our clinics in Vail, Avon, and Eagle. Includes some Saturdays.
Medical Receptionist is responsible for greeting, checking-in and/or checking-out procedures, updating patient demographic information, scheduling appointments and answering phones.
Colorado Mountain Medical is a team of primary care physicians, specialists and other practitioners with offices in Vail, Avon, and Eagle, Colorado. Colorado Mountain Medical providers offer total family care emphasizing wellness and preventative medicine, as well as treatment of illness or injury with urgent care services in each clinic location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Promptly answers incoming calls in a professional manner, transfers to appropriate person, takes message if required or provide assistance as applicable.
- Updates patient registrations when appropriate.
- Obtains correct address information, telephone numbers and insurance information from the patient.
- Collects co-pay and any other money due from patient.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Scans insurance cards and registrations.
- Assists with patient flow and keeping the office organized.
- Distributes faxes, mail, and courier bags as requested by the Office Supervisor.
- Assists in training newly hired employees, if requested by Office Supervisor.
- Prepares coffee for patient area and assists with kitchen duties.
-Completes other tasks and duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year customer service experience. - Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Computer and typing proficiency.
- Displays strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work a varied schedule.
- Ability to foster professional and productive relationships.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, HIPPA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
For more information, or to apply online, go to: