Medical ScribeVail, Avon & Eagle, 81620 | 12/07/2017 | Ad id: 8-0000161424
We are currently looking for an experienced Medical Scribe to join our professional team.
The Scribe is responsible for following physician through his or her work day and charting patient encounters in real-time, using a medical office electronic health record system. Our ideal candidate is familiar with medical terminology, can type rapidly and accurately, and has experience working as a medical scribe. This position is full-time and will work as a medical scribe on Mondays, Wednesday afternoons, and Thursdays and will support our clinical team during other times.
Colorado Mountain Medical is a team of primary care physicians, specialists and other practitioners with offices in Vail, Avon, and Eagle, Colorado. Colorado Mountain Medical providers offer total family care emphasizing wellness and preventative medicine, as well as treatment of illness or injury with urgent care services in each clinic location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician's encounter with the patient.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures or consultations performed by the physician.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- High level proficiency with computer programs. Experience with electronic health records preferred. - Typing speed minimum of 50 - 60 wpm
- Ability to effectively organize resources, establish priorities and perform multiple tasks with focus on tracking patient care.
- Professionalism and ability to be discrete with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic medical equipment required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative. - Displays strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to arrive at work on a timely basis when scheduled and to work a varied schedule in accordance with that of the physician.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
For more information, or to apply online, go to http://cmmhealth.com/colorado-mountain-medical-employment