Director of Development31621 Highway 6, Edwards, 81632 | 05/11/2018 | Ad id: 8-0000240877
Vail Christian High School Edwards area preferred. Steve O'Neil (970) 926-3015 firstname.lastname@example.org www.vchs.org
- Create and sustain positive relationships between the school and its constituents, both internal and external, leading them to support Vail Christian High School as donors, volunteers, and advocates in fulfillment of our mission. Develop and lead a volunteer staff to carry out the activities of this office.
- Oversee four major areas of school activity: fundraising, constituency relations (chiefly parents and alumni/ae families), volunteer management, and special events. The Director of Development must effectively and smoothly integrate these functions with each other and with all other school activities.
- Work with the Head of School and the Board of Directors to determine the funding required to meet current and future institutional needs, providing direct support to the Head of School and the Board of Directors in all fundraising initiatives.
- Direct all fundraising programs to support school operations and growth, specifically the All Saints Fund (annual fund) and any future Capital or Major Gift campaigns. Oversee/manage other fundraising efforts and activities as needed.
- Utilize a database management system to ensure timely and accurate documentation and reporting of philanthropic gifts, acknowledgement letters, volunteer/donor lists and the like. Design processes and procedures to allow easy access to and retrieval of constituent data by other administrators and key volunteers.
- Develop a complete program of research into and an action plan of solicitation of the school's key prospects.
- Cultivate and steward current donors and prospects, creating a climate of future generous giving to Vail Christian High School.
- Build a program of ongoing cultivation of foundations, businesses/corporations and other local organizations, increasing awareness of Vail Christian High School and its programs, and create a philanthropic climate for additional support of the school.
- Inspire a strong sense of community and pride in the school on the part of parents, alumni/ae, faculty, staff and other constituent groups through donor recognition events and special celebrations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Reports to the Head of School
- Works closely with Development Associate
- Works collaboratively with the Admin Team, Head of School, Development Associate, Director of Admissions and Business Manager
- Serves as an active member of the Development Committee of the Board of Directors
- Three-to-five years successful non-profit/school development experience
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Must possess exceptionally strong writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills essential; familiarity with fundraising software a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
The opportunity to serve as Vail Christian High School’s Director of Development is a unique opportunity to continue to build a strong development program at a school with a compelling mission and vision; strong team; and substantial positive momentum.
Please send a Resume or CV and Letter of Interest to:
Steve O’Neil, Head of SchoolInquiries will be treated confidentially and review of candidate files will begin immediately.