Development AssociateVail, 81657 | 10/29/2018 | Ad id: 8-0000328128
Title: Development Associate
Department: Development Director Title: VP Development
About Bravo! Vail
The Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks, drawing music lovers from around the world. The only festival in North America to host four of the world’s finest orchestras in a single season, Bravo! Vail’s 2018 season features residencies with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and the New York Philharmonic – plus the London-based Academy of St Martin in the Fields, which, in 2016, became the first international orchestra to perform at the Festival. In addition, internationally acclaimed chamber artists and soloists perform a wide array of unique and carefully curated chamber music programs.
As stewards of exceptional orchestral and chamber music in the Vail Valley, Bravo! Vail is proud to continue the tradition of providing the very best education programs to youth and adults. The After-School Piano Program, Little Listeners @ the Library, the Instrument Bank, Free Family Concerts, Spring Family Concerts, and Instrument Petting Zoos provide education and enrichment programs to area children all year long. In addition, an extensive series of Free Concerts, Pre-concert lectures, Bravo! Vail After Dark, Chamber Musicians in Residence, open rehearsals, master classes and internships reach thousands more youth and adults throughout the Vail Valley every summer.
The three tenets of the Bravo! Vail brand are: extraordinary music, the natural beauty of the Vail Valley and the social and community aspects associated with the concert experience.
Bravo! Vail Mission: Bravo! Vail enriches people's lives through the power of music by: • Producing the finest performances by the greatest artists; • Fostering music education; • Promoting a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
Bravo! Vail Values: • Advances excellence; • Shares artistic passion; • Acts with integrity and respect; • Embraces collaboration.
Bravo! Vail’s administration culture is a tight-knit, collaborative group of happy, active people who value each other as team members. Each department at Bravo! Vail takes great pride in their work, while also taking great pleasure in the unique Vail lifestyle. The relaxed, dog-friendly office is full of camaraderie (and snacks), and during the summertime while the festival is on, the work is intense and the energy is infectious.
The Development Associate is responsible for assisting the Development Department year-round on all fundraising efforts, research, proposals, grant writing, donor fulfillment, records management, and patron events. A major component of this position will be assistance with administrative duties including but not limited to: answering all departmental phone calls and emails in a timely and professional manner, filing important documents, preparing materials for and executing frequent mailings (with assistance and independently), preparing meeting agendas, and assisting VP of Development on board committee meetings as directed.
· Track all departmental expenses; update and manage budget accordingly and provide accurate records to Finance department
o Provide monthly FSR reports and for board meetings as needed
· Check RSVP email and voicemail during festival season and update all records accordingly
· Attend all Board of Trustee and applicable committee meetings (Devo/Mktg and Gala)
o Assist Development and Events Manager with Gala Committee
o Serve as backup to Executive Assistant for Devo/Marketing Board Committee
· Assist with any general office tasks as required
· Assist in grant research, vetting grant prospects, donor and corporate prospects
· Assist with grant writing, donor cultivation plans and corporate proposals as directed
· Provide wealth engine profiles as requested
· Answer all department phone calls and e-mails
· Assist VP of Development with Tessitura updates as requested
· Assist department with special research projects
· Act as Bravo! Vail representative to Eagle County Gives collaborative
· Responsible for ongoing progress in understanding of development department functions, plans, financial reports, and Tessitura continuing education
· Maintain a portfolio of 50 donors at the $50-$599 range
· Responsible for preparation of all Development mailings – updating and collecting materials, mail merges, printing documents, set up, postage, labels, cleanup
· Update annual fundraising materials as needed
· Annual Fund Drive –
o Preparation of individual cover letters
o Distribution to and collection of cover letters from Board members
o Assembly and mailing of individual packets
· Execution of twice-weekly donation acknowledgment letters (tax receipts)
· Execution of monthly pledge reminder mailing
· Execution of monthly Eagle County Home Purchasers Mailing
· Assist with preparation of end-of-season materials including thank you notes, final reports and any other season closing materials
· Adhere to and execute the Gift Acknowledgment plan through the execution of donor benefit packets, etc.
· Lead sponsorship opportunities email coordination (presenter, sponsor, soloist)
· Assist with final reports
· Liaison with marketing for the annual report
· Oversee donor gift bags planning, creation, and delivery
o Create calendar of performances
o Coordinate with Executive Director on personalized cards
· Provide support for Soiree, Gala, NYP Friends Dinner, and all Bravo! Vail social events
· Assist Executive Director, Chief Financial/Administrative Officer and VP of Development with special projects or tasks
· Participate in all Development Department mailing and fundraising activities
· Attend board and applicable committee meetings
· Assist with any office items as required, (e.g. answer telephones, maintain common areas)
Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Candidate must be highly organized and have a professional demeanor
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Sharepoint, Excel
· Knowledge of Tessitura preferred but not required
· Experience with InDesign and Photoshop preferred
· Attention to detail is a must for this position
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· During the Festival Season (mid-June through early August) and certain busy times, weekend, evening and holiday work will be required
· No personal or vacation time permitted mid-June through early August unless it is a family or health-related emergency
· This is a year-round, full-time position
· Salary is commensurate with experience.
· Bravo! Vail provides an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, employee retirement savings plan and generous vacation time and holidays.
How to Apply:
· Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Development Associate